The Shwashank Redemption
A magnificent piece of art. That is ‘The Shwashank Redemption’.
Andy Dufrense is victimized by circumstantial evidence and convicted for the murder of his wife and her lover. He have to serve life sentence at Shawshank prison. Story begins here. It renders an incredible story of hope, will, trust, courage, dauntlessness, tenacity, and friendship. It’s a movie that no matter how well you say about its magnificence, it won’t be enough.
The scenes which are extremely moving:
– James Whitmore, who plays Brooks Hatlen, committing suicide after coming out of prison after serving there for 50 years, because he not able to adjust his outside life.
– ‘First you hate em, then you get used to em. Enough time passes you get so you depend on em’ – Morgan Freeman as Red.
– The fat guy who, on the first night at the prison, crying that he want to see his mother. – ‘I want to see my mother. I don’t belong here! I want to go home! I want my mother! It was a mistake.’ – is heartbreaking.
– The conversation between Andy Dufresne and Red –
‘You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific?’
‘They say it has no memory. That’s where I want to live the rest of my life.A warm place with no memory’
– The scene when Andy Dufrense tells Red about an imaginary character and ends like this : ‘The funny thing is… on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.’
– All scenes towards the end title.
This is a movie to be seen again and again, once in every few months, for revivification of mind and thoughts. A true master class. Cinema at its very best. Viewer will get caught up in the remarkable story of Stephen King and the fabulous story-telling magic of Frank Darabont.
Editor – Coordinator. Publicity Designer.